We love sharing inspirational quotes that uplift and encourage our community of followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Sometimes reflecting and gaining some perspective on your life is just one inspirational quote away from making sense of it all. As a centering exercise, we encourage you to meditate on at least one quote each morning. Use them, Share them, and make the most out of your day.
Quotes About Finding Happiness
1. “Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.”
2. “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.”
3. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
4. “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself.”
5. “If I didn’t define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people’s fantasies for me and eaten alive.”
6. “Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide.”
7. “Life is short, and it’s up to you to make it sweet.”
8. "Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."
9. "Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness."
William E. Gladstone
10. "A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live."
11. "Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember."
12. "Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more." Jackson Brown, Jr.
13. "Happiness is an inside job."
William Arthur Ward
14. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters.”
15. "Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness."
Bryant H. McGill
16. "Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony."
17. “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
18. "Your happiness is at the intersection of your passions and learning from great people." Scott Weiss
19. "Happiness is the only thing worth fighting for in your life."
20. "True success, true happiness lies in freedom and fulfillment."
21. "I refuse to accept other people's ideas of happiness for me. As if there's a 'one size fits all' standard for happiness."
22. "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
23. "Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy." Guillaume Apollinaire
24. "The most worth-while thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others."
25. "Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
26. "A smile is a happiness you'll find right under your nose."
27. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."
28. "Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether you let it affect you or not."
29. "The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life." William Morris
30. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”
31. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
32. “Happy people plan actions; they don’t plan results.”
33. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
34. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
35. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.”
36. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus
37. “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.”
38. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
39. “If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.”
40. “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.”
41. “The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. It’s greener where you water it.”
42. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.”
43. “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
44. “Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.”
45. “The Paradoxical Commandments
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.”
Kent M. Keith
46. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”
48. “There's nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.”
49. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.”
50. “Questions you routinely ask yourself and things you regularly say to yourself are very reflective of how you feel inside. An individual needs to pay close attention to their mindset, and that self-awareness can help propel them in finding their happiness.”